- This event has passed.
RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation Work Preparation
February 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Are you interested in a career in the resource or infrastructure industry? This qualification reflects the roles of individuals who perform mainly routine tasks and procedures, using limited practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge, and taking some responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Studying the RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation you will gain skills in areas such as:
- workplace OH&S,
- risk control
- measurement and calculations
- first aid
- working in confined spaces and at heights
- forklift operations
This training program will prepare students to work in entry-level positions in the resources and infrastructure industry. It is also a pathway qualification will prepare participants to undertake further training in a sector specified Certificate III.
*This training program involves high risk work and to ensure safety in the workplace all students will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing. Random drug and alcohol testing will be undertaken throughout the course.
- An elective for this qualification is TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck. Students must be over 18 years to enrol in this unit. On achieving competence the student can apply to SafeWork NSW for a high risk work licence.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number is required prior to enrolments being processed. To obtain a USI number, please go to www.usi.gov.au to register.
- Assessment will take place a number of times over the duration of the qualification with an opportunity to learn skills and knowledge between each assessment.
- Assessment may include written assessment, oral questioning, workplace observation & demonstration of techniques in the workplace or simulated workplace, third part reports, and responses to case studies and scenarios.
Qualification & Units
The qualification RII20115 Certificate II In Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation requires the completion of 9 units. 3 core units plus 6 elective units listed below.
- Core Units of Competency
RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Elective Units of Competency
RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
RIISAM202D Isolate and access plant
TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
- Dates: 19th February to 18th June 2018
- Delivery: Face to Face training sessions will be held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during each period. In addition students will be required to undertake self-directed research and assessment on a weekly basis.
- Time: 6:00pm to 9:00pm every second Monday night
- Venue: 37 Cobbora Road, Dubbo
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
To register your interest in this course or for more information, please contact us on 02 6884 2899 or email email@example.com